This one-year subscription (6 issues) to the girls-only self-esteem magazine Be Your Own You is a full-color print magazine delivered right to your mailbox – imagine getting empowerment and support all year 'round!
You'll want to be sure to get your annual subscription TODAY!
Here's what you'll find in every issue:
- EXCLUSIVE interviews with positive role-model celebs, including Disney's "So Random" stars Allisyn Ashley Arm and Audrey Whitby!
- Inspiring stories of "Girls Making a Difference" – girls who are making an impact on girls everywhere!
- Powerful articles on bullying, positive thinking, and helpful self-esteem tips and projects
- Fun puzzles, brain teasers, and games in B-SMART!
- Jokes, riddles, photos, and lots of fun stuff in B-SILLY!
- Girls just like you sharing what it means to "be your own you" (with YOUR opportunity to be featured next!)
- Never-before-seen 'On-Location With BYOU' photos!
- A chapter-a-month of the award-winning book "Beauty's Secret: A Girl's Discovery of Inner Beauty" plus Beauty's tips for inner and outer beauty to keep your Heartlight shining bright!
- Contest, Quizzes, Color Me BYOU, and so much more!!
I was fortunate enough to be asked by the national director of sales for BYOU MAGAZINE: BE YOUR OWN YOU! if I'd like to take a look at their magazine. Of course, I jumped at the chance! BYOU is a magazine aimed at tween girls (approximately ages eight to twelve) with the motto "because every girl deserves healthy self-esteem." As a mother of a thirteen year old daughter, I am a huge fan of anything that helps young girls gain self-confidence; and I recognize how important these tween years are in establishing a healthy self image -- one that will hopefully last a lifetime.
As a mom, I have to say that BYOU is fantastic and most definitely gets a thumbs up from me. I received copies of both the August/September and October/November issues, and I was impressed with how well the magazine balances good advice with fun information. There is a wide assortment of features including interviews with real-life celebrities as well as "normal" girls; and there are even articles on inspiring women (like Helen Keller and Elizabeth Blackwell.) In addition, there are advice columns, puzzles, giveaways, and jokes in every issue. Personally, I liked that so much of the advice was relevant to today's girls, i.e. what to do about bullying, how to "be your own you", and health and beauty tips.
Booking Daughter took a look at both issues and she enjoyed them -- although she did think she was a little too old for most of the information. I do think these magazine are ideal for late elementary and early middle school age girls; and I can see her point that a teenager (even a young one) is more interested in other topics. I admit that Booking Daughter's comment did make me a little sad though because I'm sure just a year or so ago, she would have devoured both issues. It just goes to show how fast our little girls grow up!
I think BYOU Magazine is terrific and I love its positive messages. Highly recommended for tween girls! Keep in mind a subscription to BYOU for holiday gift-giving!
Giveaway alert: Thanks to the fine folks at BYOU Magazine, I have a one year subscription to share with one lucky Booking Mama reader. To enter, just fill out the form below before Wednesday, November 20th at 11:59 p.m. ET. I will randomly select and notify the winner the following day. This contest is open to those of you with U.S. addresses only. Good luck!