What’s one thing that two bears, three yaks, four goats, and six cats have in common?
They hate to share.
But look out—here comes a pack of twenty pigs ready to prove that sharing makes everything twice as fun!
This seriously silly picture book with artwork by the New York Times bestselling illustrator of Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site irresistibly combines the concepts of counting and sharing. -Beach Lane Books
I am so excited to welcome author Laura Gehl to my blog today. She has written a picture book called ONE BIG PAIR OF UNDERWEAR that looks perfect for little ones! The book has gorgeous illustrations by Tom Lichtenheld, bestselling illustrator of GOODNIGHT, GOODNIGHT, CONSTRUCTION SITE; and it doesn't have "too many words." You'll see what I mean after you read Ms. Gehl's guest post!
Thank you so much to Julie for hosting me on this stop of my ONE BIG PAIR OF UNDERWEAR blog tour!
Since I know other parents are similarly worn out by bedtime, I thought I would talk about some of the favorite books at our house with very few words. Keep in mind, this list does not include any books with NO words. I find that books with no words actually take a very long time to read, because I end up talking about each picture with my daughter.
- CHU'S DAY by Neil Gaiman. A little panda bear causes havoc with his enormous sneezes. Prepare for a lot of fake sneezing from your children.
- DINOSAUR KISSES by David Ezra Stein. A baby dinosaur wants to learn how to kiss. As with Chu, disaster results. This book contains chomping, stomping, and whomping….My 4-year-old and 6-year-old both collapse in giggles at the final “Whomp.”
- THE PERFECT NEST by Catherine Friend. One of our favorite books to give new parents, The Perfect Nest features a hapless cat whose delicious omelet hatches before he has a chance to eat it.
- KNUFFLE BUNNY by Mo Willems. Trixie’s dad loses her precious Knuffle Bunny at the Laundromat. This book has been turned into a musical and an animated short movie…a theme park may be next on the agenda.
- RHYMING DUST BUNNIES by Jan Thomas. For some reason, Bob can’t manage to fit in with the other dust bunnies, who joyfully rhyme all day long. But maybe the other dust bunnies should be paying a bit more attention to Bob….
Note: I could have picked any book by Mo Willems or Jan Thomas to include on my list. All of their books are short, funny, and fabulous.
Laura Gehl is the author of ONE BIG PAIR OF UNDERWEAR, illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld, which was released in September 2014, as well as several other picture books to be released in 2015 and 2016. Laura lives with her husband and their four book-loving kids in Chevy Chase, MD. You can read more about Laura and her books at www.lauragehl.com and www.facebook.com/AuthorLauraGehl.